Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Max (Chenyun) Deng

All these years later, I'm going to see if I can get the group members to finally introduce themselves on the website... first up is Max! Max joined the group in the fall of 2022 as a Biomedical Engineering MS student. After earning his MS in December he transitioned to a Research Assistant in the group and will be starting as a Chemistry PhD student in the fall. Even though he's been around for a while, we are excited to welcome Max!


Name: Max (Chenyun) Deng
Hometown: Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, China
Education/ Experience/ Awards: 
      2016-20, BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center
      2020-22, MS in Medicinal Chemistry, Peking University Health Science Center
      2022-23, MS in Biomedical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
      2024, Research Assistant, Team Sydlik, Carnegie Mellon University
      2024.8-, PhD student, Team Sydlik, Carnegie Mellon University
Team Sydlik Member since? Oct 2022
Research Project: I guess continuing research on CaPG-related stuff?
Favorite thing about CMU/ the Sydlik Group: I can have memes and roast someone (looking at Jason🤣) in my research/weekly 1v1 updates!
Least favorite thing about CMU/ the Sydlik Group: Hot pressing 100+ pellets for cell experiments
Favorite thing to do in Pittsburgh: Watching Steelers games
Fun fact: I had to cut my hair short but will do dye my hair blue again like the last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment